I've missed my scarves this summer. When I was in Paris in May (I still love saying that!), women wore small silk scarves in white and muted colors. Very stylish! In a few more weeks, cooler days will begin to mix in with the hot ones. And once again, I'll step out in one of my favorite scarves, or, perhaps, a new one. Are you a scarf lady? Click "read more" below for 8 reasons to love scarves, for a videoclip showing 24 ways to tie a scarf, and for a few reasonable priced scarves like the Jones New York Animal Paisley Scarf - Size , Red ($49) above. .
HOW DO I LOVE SCARVES? I COUNT 8 WAYS
Here are my reasons for loving scarves. If you've got other reasons, leave a comment!
I love scarves because...
- Scarves are a 'hot fashion' trend. I don't consider myself a 'slave to fashion,' but I do like to look like I'm living in the here and now.
- Scarves are age appropriate. How many fashion trends can you say that about?
- Scarves offer fabulous neck coverage. Priceless!
- Scarves come in all colors. Want to hear people say, "You look great!'? Wear a scarf that complements your complexion--a color in your color season. Putting a flattering color close to your face will add to your glow.
- Scarves aren't a huge investment. On a limited budget this fall? A stylish scarf is an inexpensive way to perk up what's already in your closet.
- Scarves can be tied in a variety of ways (see videoclip below). Try tying a scarf in a new way this fall--it's fun!
- Scarves can dress up or down an outfit. It gives an outfit flexibility.
- Scarves are warm! Ha! This is why I started wearing scarves. With all the other reasons, I sometimes forget.
LET'S GO TO THE VIDEOCLIP
Here's a video on 24 ways to tie a scarf. I can't always tell what makes one tying tip different from the next, but I definitely got some ideas I intend to try out in the coming months.
WHERE TO SHOP
You shouldn't have any trouble finding scarves. I realized how ubiquitous scarves had become a few weeks ago when I was in a Rite-Aide (a chain drug store) and saw a display of women's dress scarves. There's a scarf for every budget. Here's a sample of scarves, ranging from the Old Navy Womens Lightweight Burnout Scarves ($10) to an ultra soft and luxurious cashmere scarf ($103.50) from the Pure Collection.
Shopbop has a nice assortment of scarves by designers for under $125, like the one by Marc by Marc Jacobs ($98) below. To view the entire collection, click on the photo or .